Technical support issues
As part of the 5th World Tourism Economic Forum, tourism authorities in Macau have planned to increase the number of foreign tourists visiting all Portuguese residences from 4 million to 5 million each year.
At least 33 million travelers are expected to visit Macau over the next nine years, 15 percent of which are from abroad, according to reports from television and radio stations.
Maria Helena de Sena Fernandez, director of the Macau Government Tourism Authority, told those who attended the meeting at Studio City Macau Casino Resort that her office had developed a blueprint for the next decade that could reach the goal of about 649,100 people wanting to welcome at least 4 million foreign tourists a year.
"This year, so far, we have seen a 7% increase," Fernandez said. "We will try in the future to keep up with this pace and we want to attract tourists from other parts of the world. Right now we have about three million international visitors and we want to see if the future is likely to grow to between four and five million in 10 years."
Mr. Fernandez's remarks came on the last day of the Global Tourism and Economy Forum, which welcomes delegates from around the world to look at ways to transform Macau into an international center for tourism and leisure.
Saturday, October 14, 2023